Cosina Voigtlander has announced a new version of it’s amazing Ultra Heliar 12mm f/5.6 lens. Now available in M-mount, this new version of the lens is rangefinder coupled and can be fitted with a 67mm filter. The lens has a 121 degree field of view but is not a fisheye lens.
Cameras such as the Leica M8/M9 will need to use an external viewfinder. For the M8, use a 15-16mm VF, for the M9 use a 12mm VF.
- Focal length / 12mm
- Lens / 8 groups of 10 elements
- Minimum Aperture / F22
- Angle / 121 °
- Number of diaphragm blades / 9
- Minimum focusing distance / 0.5m
- Work scope rangefinder / ∞ ~ 0.7m (depending on camera)
- Maximum diameter / φ74.6mm
- Filter Size / 67mm
- Overall length / 42.5mm ◎ Weight / 156g ◎ Mount / VM mount
The lens will be available in Japan starting Monday and retails for ￥ 85,000 ( ~ $932 USD ). I will contact Stephen Gandy (CameraQuest) regarding US price and availablity.