Heliopan has just begun shipments of their new Vario ND filter in 82mm size. Like the 52 to 77mm sizes it is adjustable from 1 to6.6 stops of ND (0.3 to 2.0 density) by simply rotating the calibrated rim of the filter. The Heliopan Vario ND filter is totally neutralin color, it is mounted in a black anodized brass ring that is numerically calibrated for ease in repeating a desired density. The calibrationscale has an index for added convenience and the adjustable range
is hard stopped at each end to save time in set-up anduse. The Heliopan Variable ND filter is very thin (8.7mm from the front edge to the front of the lens) to allow it to work on lenses aswide as 16mm without color shifts, vignetting or artifacts common in other variable ND filters.
The new Vario ND filter is now available in screw-in sizes from 52 to 82mm. The new Heliopan Vario ND filters are available from camera stores in the USA.
- High quality solid brass rings.
- Black anodized rings with stops at both ends of the ND range.
- ND variable from 1 to 6.6stops (0.3 to 2.0 density).
- Color neutral regardless of ND value.
- Calibrated, repeatable settings.
- Very thin mount to prevent vignetting
- No artifacts with wide angle lenses
- Even density, across the frame
- Numerically calibrated with index
- 8.7 mm thickness from front of lens to front of filter
- Can be stacked with new Heliopan High Transmission circular polarizer with no colorshifts or artifacts