Allendale, NJ (March 28, 2011) – Leica Camera Inc. is pleased to announce a firmware update for its high-performance digital compact camera, the LEICA X1. Users wishing to benefit from the new offerings can download the firmware update from the Leica website and take advantage of new, improved features beginning Tuesday March 29, 2011.
The new X1 firmware offers the following features and benefits:
- Improved manual focusing, with the focus screen showing the image based on an open aperture
- More accurate manual focusing with finer steps, when scrolling slowly with the click wheel
- Two manual focusing speeds for more accurate and faster manual focus operation
- Manual focusing lock now available
- Enlarged manual focusing scale display
- Depth of field scale displayed in manual focusing mode
- Manual focus settings retained in memory when camera is switched off
- Improved autofocus speed in low light conditions and with low contrast subjects, in particular when shooting multiple images of the same subject
- ISO setting displayed in Auto ISO mode
- Improved JPEG image quality
For more information, please visit: http://us.leica-camera.com/photography/compact_cameras/x1.