Portland, OR (October 5, 2016) – Lensbaby—makers of award-winning creative effects lenses, optics and accessories— announces the launch of their most versatile lens yet, Trio 28. Designed specifically for mirrorless camera users, Trio 28 features three selective focus optics in one compact lens and will be available for purchase on October 26, 2016.
By simply rotating a dial to switch between Lensbaby’s most popular optical effects – Twist, Velvet or Sweet – the Trio 28 empowers photographers to shape their vision in the moment through the limitless creative options offered by the lens:
- Twist, a true Petzval optic design, gives you a large sharp central area of focus surrounding by twisty, swirling bokeh
- Velvet has a sharp yet dreamy central area of focus with delicate glow from edge-to-edge
- Sweet creates a sharp central sweet spot of focus surrounded by gradually increasing blur
“Trio 28 offers a revolutionary shooting experience for mirrorless shooters,” said Lensbaby Co-Founder and CEO Craig Strong. “This is the first lens we’ve designed specifically with the mirrorless camera’s small form factor in mind. With mirrorless camera sales continuing to grow, this was a natural next step for Lensbaby.”
“Our goal is to help photographers discover their unique visual voice through the creative freedom our lenses offer,” Strong continued. “With a variety of selective focus effects in a compact lens designed for the small form factor of mirrorless cameras, Trio 28 goes above and beyond, helping us reach this goal. We can’t wait to see what photographers create with it.”
The wide 28mm focal length, as well as the small and compact form to match the size of mirrorless cameras, makes the Trio 28 an ideal lens for on-the-go adventure and will help photographers uniquely capture the soul of street scenes, landscapes, environmental portraits and more.
Trio 28 Specs:
- Focal Length: 28mm
- Aperture: fixed f/3.5
- 3 Optics for 3 effects – Twist, Velvet, Sweet
- Minimum focus distance: 8”
- Maximum focusing distance: Infinity
- Focus Type: Manual
- Size/Weight: 4.9oz, 2.75” x2.75” x2”
- Twist Optic: 4 multi-coated elements in 3 groups
- Velvet Optic: 3 multi-coated elements in 2 groups
- Sweet Optic: 3 multi-coated elements in 3 groups
- 46mm front threads
- When shooting on full frame cameras, Twist will produce a subtle vignette
The Trio 28 is designed for the following mirrorless cameras: Sony E, Micro 4/3 and Fuji-X. It retails for $279.95 and will be available for purchase at Lensbaby.com and other Lensbaby-authorized retailers on October 26, 2016.
For over a decade, photographers have relied on Portland, Oregon-based Lensbaby to help them break free of routine, tinker, and open themselves up to unexpected results—dancing, playing and delighting in what’s possible with a creative lens and their imagination.
Lensbaby makes award-winning creative effects lenses, optics and accessories that follow this philosophy, including the Velvet 56, a versatile portrait and macro lens; their unique Optic Swap System, which lets photographers swap their optic and tilt their lens for limitless effects; and mobile lenses that transform everyday smartphone photography. Lensbaby products are sold and distributed worldwide. For more information, visit www.lensbaby.com