COPENHAGEN, March 17, 2016 Phase One, the worlds leading medium format camera system and professional imaging software provider today released Capture One Pro 9.1. Focus for this release has been the fashion and still life photographer segment, with special attention to the demands of fast-paced work environments.
Known by professionals for its excellent tethering abilities, color management, and intuitive, user-definable, interface, Capture One Pro is used by photographers that demand exceptional image quality.
Capture One Pro 9.1 builds on the design objectives for greater quality, power and precision introduced last year with version 9.0 — adding workflow accelerators and providing a superior integrated workflow.
Capture One Pro 9.1 is free to existing 9 users. To see the Capture One Pro 9.1 feature set in action, visit: www.phaseone.com/nineone
Capture One Pro 9.1 highlights include:
New Workflow Tools:
- Copy from last has been re-designed for rotation, allowing for easier workflow when doing overhead shots;
- Copy from last has been re-designed to allow the inclusion of metadata, making shot-to-shot application of copyright and other metadata easier and more intuitive;
- Rotatable Live View – live view can be orientated for still life work with next captures mirroring the live view orientation;
- Improved Shortcuts – a number of extra shortcuts are added to aid the professional workflow reset counters, layer controls, and select by… are added to help in all areas of the workflow.
New Image Editing Tools:
- New Skin Tone Uniformity Tool for saturation and lightness;
- New Color Editor Tools – the Color Editor Skin Tone Tool adds uniformity sliders for saturation and lightness, helping to correct for uneven skin tones.
Asset management tools:
- Export/Output keyword restrictions – control and limit the keyword libraries output to final file;
- Sequence tool management for the XF Camera System (with Feature Update #2) – Images captured via the XFs new Focus Stack, HDR Sequence and Time-lapse Tools are automatically tagged and can be automated in to collections easily
Capture One Pro 9.1 is about quality of life improvements for working photographers, said James Johnson, Phase One Software Product Manager. Weve been listening to our core user base and made some valuable additions to the application, designed ultimately to help with efficiency. In the ever increasingly competitive marketplace, production value is all about better workflow and less work.
About Capture One
Originally developed to render the exceptional image quality captured by medium format Phase One camera systems, Capture One Pro 9 offers the same superior RAW conversion to more than 400 different camera models.
To see how Capture One Pro can boost your productivity, download the free 30-day trial from www.phaseone.com/download. A full list of the 400+ supported cameras can be found in the release notes.
Availability and Pricing
Capture One 9.1 is free for existing Capture One 9 customers. New customers can purchase Capture One Pro 9 for 299 USD / 279 EUR. Owners of versions Capture One Pro 7 or 8 may upgrade for 99 USD / 99 EUR.
Capture One Pro is also available by subscription. Existing subscribers can simply download the new Capture One Pro 9 release, as subscriptions are good for all new and previous versions of Capture One Pro. A single-user subscription is 12 USD / 15 EUR per month for a 12-month plan. Please see all subscription options at www.phaseone.com/store
About Phase One
Phase One A/S is the world-leading provider of medium format digital photography systems and imaging solutions for professional photographers and industrial applications. Established in the early 1990s, Phase One is a true digital photography pioneer with a passionate commitment to image quality excellence and creative freedom. Phase Ones engineering and design expertise has produced imaging breakthroughs from high- resolution camera systems to advanced software for better photographic workflows and raw file editing. Phase Ones understanding and ability to optimize hardware and software integration underscores their award winning Capture One Pro software widely preferred by professional photographers.
Phase Ones industrial division focuses on imaging accuracy for industrial applications ranging from aerial image acquisition to cultural heritage preservation from mapping the globe, to protecting priceless works of art and documents.
Today, with control over all aspects of the medium format camera system supply chain, Phase One is uniquely positioned to help photographers and imaging experts everywhere stand out above the competition and realize their creative visions without compromise.
Based in Copenhagen Denmark and embracing the high demand of Scandinavian design excellence, Phase One is dedicated to delivering the best image quality and user experience. With offices in New York, London, Tokyo, Cologne, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tel Aviv, and with its expert teams of global partners, Phase One is committed to serving and supporting its customers worldwide. Phase One and Capture One are registered trademarks of Phase One A/S. All other brand or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Learn more here: