SANTA FE SPRINGS, Calif. (November 11, 2013) – Plustek Technology Inc. (www.plustek.com/usa), a manufacturer of imaging and security devices, announced today its new OpticFilm 120 film scanner has shipped to retailers and is now in-stock and readily available for purchase by consumers. The OpticFilm 120 delivers professional-quality images from 35mm filmstrips, slides, and 120/220 film formats from 6×4.5 up to 6×12.
“We are pleased the OpticFilm 120 will be available to consumers in time for the holiday season,” said Mark Druziak, Plustek’s Director of Marketing and Business Development. “This scanner is perfect for professional and semi-professional photographers due to its outstanding image quality and automation.”
Bundled with the purchase of the OpticFilm 120 scanner is SilverFast Ai Studio 8 by LaserSoft Imaging, which includes Multi-Exposure and iSRD – two essential technologies for scanning filmstrips and slides. Multi-Exposure enhances dynamic range, diminishes noise and enriches image detail and iSRD electronically removes dust and scratches from film using a special built-in infrared channel.
The superior image quality of the OpticFilm 120 is backed by state-of-the-art optical and electronic systems; including an eight-element glass lens and stable LED light source, providing a measured resolution of 5,300 dpi. These unique attributes bring photographers an image quality that previously was found only in drum scanners.
Additional Key Features:
- Scans 35mm and 120/220mm film.
- Supports 6×5, 6×6, 6×7, 6×9 and 6×12 frame sizes.
- Measured resolution of 5,300 dpi.
- Patent-pending adjustable-pitch 120/220 film holder is easy to load and holds filmstrips flat.
- IT8 calibration target included for color accuracy.
- Infrared channel for dust and scratch removal.
- Motorized film transport for automatic batch scanning.
- Folding rear cover saves desktop space and prevents dust from entering the scanner.
- Efficient, power-saving design.
- Compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems.
- USB 2.0 Interface.
Plustek’s OpticFilm 120 is now available at selected resellers, including Adorama, Amazon, B&H Photo Video, CDW, Newegg, PC Nation, Samy’s Camera, Vistek and others.
A scanner and security devices manufacturer, Plustek is ISO 9002 certified (since 1986) and operates in more than 20 counties around the word. www.plustek.com/usa