The microEVF is the first electronic viewfinder designed from the ground up specifically for HDSLR cameras. The microEVF is not just a bulky repurposed LCD monitor: It is designed specifically for the needs of HDSLR emphasizing compact lightweight design, superior power consumption, and incredible affordability.
The popularity of HDSLRs such as the Canon 5D MKII for video and motion photography has skyrocketed in recent years, but the camera body is not ideal for video. The first generation of solutions for monitoring currently available attaching an optical viewfinder to the back of the camera’s LCD screen severely limit placement of the viewfinder and camera body and eliminate possibility of using additional monitors for camera assistants or directors. The new Redrock microEVF is an external electronic viewfinder that connects to the camera body and can be placed anywhere for maximum comfort and stability, and can be part of a multi-monitoring solution. The microEVF uses a custom made state-of-the-art backlit LED fitted in an attractive, ergonomic housing.
The microEVF can also be used on any video camera that provides an HDMI output signal.
- Compact, lightweight electronic viewfinder
- High resolution full color HD display – greater resolution than the rear LCD on Canon EOS camera bodies
- Fully coated optics
- Adjustable focusing diopter
- Oversized soft rubber cinema-style eyecup
- standard HDMI input connector
- Industry-standard 15mm rod pin: Viewfinder positioning infinitely configurable with Redrock support accessories
- Lightweight design requires minimal support – can be mounted from lower rails, top rails, or shoe-mounted rails
- Compatible with any HDSLR or videocamera that provides HDMI out (5D MKII, 7D, T2i, 1D MKIV, Nikon D3s, Nikon D3100, Nikon D7000, Panasonic AF100, etc.)
microEVF Advanced Electronic Assist Features*
- to be announced
microEVF Technical Specifications*
- HDMI connection
- 1.2m total dots
- LED backlight, low power requirements
- Internal battery power lasts 10+ hours
- Weight: less than 6 ounces
Pricing and availability
- Estimated $595 for the complete EVF – unlike other solutions with hidden costs, does not require additional viewfinder loupe.
- Availability to be announced
*all pricing, specfications, and features are draft and are subject to change without notice